Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hello Blog World!

Wow! Never really thought I'd be making my own blog, but here it is! I'm not one of those computer literate people, so this is all new for me. I had a post saved from yesterday, but this crazy blog wouldn't let me publish it today, so I am writing it all over again.
For those of you who don't know, I live in Burlington, Kentucky (the best place on earth). I also go to GBS, short for God's Bible School.
Last Monday was our Junior/Senior banquet. I took my pastor's son, Kenny Stetler. I would post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera. I do have pictures of it though. This awesome banquet we did for our Seniors took a lot of our meager account; therefore, the Juniors had to pay their thirteen dollars (even though we were supposed to go free). There was some agreement about this that I don't remember. This should give us 130 dollars back. Then, Saturday morning, we began a fundraiser for (obviously) more funds. This was probably the coolest fundraiser I've ever heard of, and useful, too. We got to be waitresses (our class that is, minus the two guys) at the Westchester Skyline. (Or Union Centre Skyline, whichever you prefer). I left ten minutes early from Skyline, so I'm not sure yet how much money we made. Working as a waitress was actually very fun, and I told the girls that I wish we really did have a job like that and all worked together. We had so much fun!! Friday night, I spent the night in the dorm with Rachel Crissinger and her roommate, Esther Gilley so that I could get a ride to Skyline. The next morning, we went to Skyline. Rachel drove, and she drove a stickshift which made Esther, Brittany, and I a little nervous. But she did a good job and got us there and back. My other friend form class, Tasha, left her cell phone in my purse at Skyline. I didn't know she had left it there, and we drove off with her cell phone! So she won't be able to get it until tomorrow at school. For those of you who know me well, I'm sure you know my grandmother has been in the hospital for some time. They released her Friday after about four weeks of being there, and unfortunately, they had to take her back last night. I had been at a youth get together in Dayton, Ky, and I had come back to Cincinnati to get my stuff at the Byers (where I left it after getting back from Skyline). Kyle had called and said that Dad had to take Mamaw back to the hospital, so Kyle was going to take me home. The road was detoured and we had to take a longer route home. We passed the ambulance as it was coming from Mamaw's. Poor Mom and Dad stayed with her until they got her a room and didn't get home until 7:30 this morning. Needless to say , we're all a little tired. If you remember, please pray for her!
This post is getting way to long, and I need to study for my Chemistry exam. It's tomorrow, and it's one of my last two. Just think, after tomorrow, I'm officially a senior! Well, got to go!

No comments: