Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Old Crip Has Caught Up!

Whoa! So sorry for my delay in writing, but with my leg as it is, going down the stairs to get to the computer isn't always an fun thing. Okay, so for those of you who haven't heard the story of my ankle, I'll fill you in. As I said in my last post, I went to Indiana to see my grandparents. We had gone to my aunt's house for supper Thursday night. I had been outside playing with my little second cousins, and later they went inside. It was after nine o'clock and dark, but I could see just fine. They had soccer goals set up in their yard and I started dribbling the ball down and missed a shot. Then I turned and went the other way, determined to make the shot this time. I did. But painfully so. My body turned sideways and as I landed I heard this popping noise. By the time I hit the ground I was in pain. They took me to the ER and I was diagnosed with a severely sprained ankle. I was on crutches for a while, and I'm still wearing my foot brace. The swelling made my foot and ankle look as if I had taken a fat person's foot and attatched it to my leg. It also turned blue, yellow, and several pretty shades of purple. But the swelling and the discoloration is going away, and it looks much better.
This week is Vacation Bible School, and also the Boone County Fair. The little girls in my group (the 9-10 yr. olds) really love me, so I feel like I'm in the right spot. Thankfully, I had help last night and so did Ezra, otherwise it would have been kinda scary. We don't have as many helpers this year so Sherilyn, Ezra and I were supposed to be in charge of two different groups. That's not easy, especially considering that they are the two oldest groups.
Well, now I have caught up with posting!

1 comment:

meluvzmb said...

yeah um that gurl definitely luvz u ha ha well hope u can go with me tonight i be upset if not :(