Friday, August 17, 2007

Sleepy and Sedated

Hey everybody! Guess what I got to do today? I had a procedure done. It has a long funny name, but it's also called an upper GI which is so much easier to pronounce. So this procedure is where they put me to sleep with an IV and take a flexible scope through my mouth, down the esophagus, and into my stomach and small intestine. Actually, it's nowhere near as scary as it seems. I just had the best sleep I've had in weeks! It's a very simple process, and it was over very quickly. I got to sleep through the whole thing. Then after I came to, we came home, and I went to sleep. The doctor seems to think I'll be sleepy all day. I actually feel a little energized right now. I've been in a goofy mood all morning. And all I've had since 5:30 last night were two donut sticks that Mom gave me when I came to after the procedure. I had to be there at 6:15 this morning! No one should hae to be forced to wake up at such an ungodly hour and not be allowed to eat breakfast. That's cruelty! But anyway..... there is some type of something wrong in my stomach and I'll have to go back later this month. At least that's what I think. I was half asleep when they told Mom this. She knows the details - I don't. Just to let ya'll know, I'm doin good!

1 comment:

heather said...

hey girly!
like i said before i forget all about blogspot!lol! ok. i get all nervous when people have those procedures done. are you ok? well, i watched becoming jane today, the movie about jane austen and i cried!lol! it was good, but she loved this guy and they were both poor so naturally they just couldn't get married so they were going to run away together until, she found out how many brothers and sisters he had (and that he had to support them) and she couldn't do it. Well, he was the reason her books are amazing, because he showed her love (or something like that). Like he was a city bad boy who read alot of books. Anywho, it was good, but her books are better!lol! because they all have a happy ending! She never did get married and she died at a young age-the man she loved ended up naming his eldest daughter after her! crazy, and they supposedly met up at an opera by accident when she was older (of course he was married with his eldest who was a big fan of jane), but you could tell they still loved each other. Anyways, i cried and thought *sniff* she should have just ran away with him despite it all! Ok, we need to get together when school starts (which is monday!) Hurray!!!I miss ya Dear Sister Jane! Have you found your Mr.BIngly yet? I do hope he comes around soon! I saw Mr. Darcy and his every bit arrogent, but very much handsome! Well, I will see you Monday dear sister.
love,
lizzy