Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sweet Seventeen?

Okey-doke. So do I feel older? Not really. I do feel a little wiser, more .... what is the word? Experienced? Oh well. Anyway, we did go to Bruster's last night and I got Birthday Cake ice cream as planned. My sinuses are actually much better today, btw. I got a turquoise watch that is water resistant, the "It's Time" Michael Buble cd, and an electric razor. Don't laugh. It's sooo much easier to shave with an electric one. (I'm sure everyone just loved that) jk. And Kyle says that he ordered something for me over the internet, but it won't be here for a couple more days. So I'm waiting on a mystery present. Today, we'll probably go out to eat to celebrate my birthday.
Last Friday, we went to Famous Dave's Barbecue, and our waiter kept asking us if we wanted dessert. He finally said that if it was anyone's birthday, we could get a free ice cream. I laughed and told him my birthday was a week from that day. He said that it was close enough and soon, there was a free ice cream sitting in front of me with a neat little sparkler in it. I think they're the only restaurant that does that. The waiter said that he liked that better than singing.
Some older guy sitting at the table in front of us asked me "25?"
I just laughed and shook my head. "26?" I shook my head. He guessed again. "21?"
"No," I said and laughed again.
"Is it a secret?" so I told him "17." He said "No one's that young. "
I guess he's been too old for too long.

No comments: