Friday, June 1, 2007

Sleep Deprivation Does Odd Things to Teenagers

Ahhhh! So where to begin? *sigh* that is the question. So after gorging ourselves on cookies and s'mores, our crazy sleepover began. There were actually only eight of us, then Marjie and Katrin had to leave at eleven, so there were only six of us to sleep over. The name sleep over gives the unsuspecting reader the connotation of being a time to sleep in. The true and literal meaning of the word is to sleep over at someone else's house, and visit and chat with friends and stay up as late as possible without falling asleep - something you would never do at your own house with only your family around. We stayed on the back porch laughing, talking, and doing hair until the water hose (that someone was rinsing something off with and accidentally let go) got loose and sprayed us all at one in the morning. Needless to say, there was much shrieking and such, and the neighbors weren't too fond of that. After being reprimanded by one neighbor, we decided that we had embarrassed Cherie enough, and went inside. Then we played dutch blitz, and finally, I learned how to play! I had the lowest score, but for not having a partner with it being my first time ever to play it, I was doing halfway decent. We laughed and talked some more, and I can't remember what all we did. After a while, Esther began to laugh uncontrollably and we started doing more crazy things to make her laugh. Then we went downstairs. Esther and Kyla played checkers, and I (being the brilliant actress that I am), kept Tiffany and Kaylen in stitches with my little skits. Sleep depriviation does weird things to teenagers. You never know what will come out of their mouth once they're inspired, and everything is funny at five in the morning of course! I eventually went to sleep a little after six, and I was (unfortunately) awakened by a loud dinner bell, and then Carolyn, who ran upstairs and shouted "Hallelujah!" as if there was something to be happy about at the ungodly hour of ten thirty! (She went to bed first).
Even though I resloved not to fall asleep so that I could sleep better tonight, I confess, I napped for an hour or so. Of course, it doesn't help when that's what both your parents are doing and you can't tell them about the crazy night you had. I just had a Mountain Dew, and now I'm afraid I won't fall asleep tonight. I know that no one really cares and I'm just rambling, but like I said, sleep deprivation does strange things to teenagers!

2 comments:

meluvzmb said...

Wow sounds like you guys had Lot's of fun !! Wish I could of been there to help u guys destroy everything jk :) So Amy have you been packing yet for camp ? That's what I'm doin all today I kinda waited to the last minute u know cuz we have been so busy . And I hope next week won't be to harsh . AHH waking up @ 5:45 in the morning how relaxing . You know I was totally joking ha ha . Not funny right ! c u tomorrow ! bye bye

Amy Weddle said...

Oh, yeah definitely! I have nearly everything packed. I stayed up until after midnight packing! All I have left to pack is stuff that I still have to have like toothpaste, brush, deoderant, etc.