Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friendship

“It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” – Agatha Christie
“Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes.” – Unknown

Do you ever look at your friends or even at yourself and realize just how crazy you appear to the rest of everybody else? Do you ever wonder later on or looking at pictures you and your friends took, “What exactly was the purpose for that?” or “What on earth was I trying to do there?” Have you ever looked at your friends in shock and said, “I never thought you would say something like that!”? Then you laugh your head off whether it was funny or not, just because they said something you didn’t expect them to or because somehow it was shocking without being inappropriate? Yeah, I think most of us have at some time or the other. I’m sure our friends have all surprised us by saying or doing something hilarious that makes us roll on the floor, while the whole of everybody is staring at you and your friend(s) and thinking, “What on earth?” But somehow, we find our friends funny. We’ve gotten used to their erratic behavior. Why? To be honest, I have no clue. Living in the dorm with roommates has really opened my eyes to how these above quotes are true. Somehow, living together forces you to get to know your roommate(s) better, and you realize all kinds of things about them that you never would have known before. When I first came to school here in high school, there was somehow this rumor going around that I was intelligent and a “good girl.” When Anne came to school, she was really quiet, and I assumed she was shy. Then as time progressed, we learned more about each other, and suddenly, Anne found out that I’m not above cracking jokes and saying things that apparently she never expected me to say. I found out that when you get to know Anne, she is not this shy, quiet girl that wouldn’t tease or act crazy. Yes, contrary to popular belief, we are both pretty crazy, especially when we are together, and especially when it’s just the two of us and no one’s watching. Somehow, when you become friends with someone, you tend to ignore their faults and even laugh at some of their funny quirks. Not only do you realize that you love your friend in spite of their ridiculousness, but that you love them because of it and readily join them in sliding down the dorm stairs on your pillow.

1 comment:

KDDigonno said...

Oh man! This was about me, wasn't it!! Lol, JK! I mean, friends are better to have than a boyfriend, hands down. But really, I mean, who gives you more love than they do? WEDDLE!!